What does it mean to be present? Being present is simply being, or existing, in this very moment. Living in the moment will create a life that is filled with calmness and peace; we all want a life filled with peace, but in today’s day and age, life can become swamped. Trying to balance work life and being a parent, among other things, can be overwhelming. So how can you bring yourself back to a simpler way of living so that you can enjoy a life filled with peace?
1. Breath. When things get a little stressful, try stepping away from all the external stimuli in your life and find a few moments in stillness to watch your breath. Watching your breath will allow you to be in the present moment; the nervous system calms down so you can take on the rest of your day in a calmer manner. Taking slow, deep, long breaths will help tame your agitated mind and create freedom within. So stop, clear your mind and watch yourself breathe.
2. Yoga. Incorporating yoga into your daily routine is a great way to bring yourself back to the present moment. Yoga is a mindful practice which allows one to slow down from their regular routine and become present in the here and now. So grab a mat and indulge in a little bit of “me time”.
3. Meditate. Meditation is a great way to connect to the present. Commit to a daily practice to sit quietly and just be. Let go of thoughts about the past and try not to think of the future. Challenge yourself to be here in the now. Take that five minute break from your daily routine more often to just sit still, to simply exist and just be. You deserve it.
4. Solitude. Being alone, just you inside your skin, can be a challenging task to incorporate into your daily routine. Oneness is a great way to keep yourself in the present moment. Make it a ritual to find solitude throughout the day to do something you enjoy doing, like taking a walk in nature, a massage, or reading a book. Try to do less. It’s your birth right. Enjoy life more. Stress less.
5. Slow Down. Slow down the pace of your life and take on a single task at a time. Whatever the task at hand is, such as eating, driving, listening to someone speak, cooking or working; take on one thing on your to do list at a time. Multi-tasking can cause chaos in your life, so take the simpler route and enjoy each moment in your life in a mindful manner.
6. Gratitude. Practicing being grateful is another key component to finding a place of contentment in the now. Before stepping your feet out of bed, offer a moment of gratitude for the sweetness in your life. Writing a gratitude journal each evening before surrendering to bed is another practice you can take with you. Try writing three things you are grateful for at the end of the day before retiring to bed; appreciating and being more thankful is an attitude we can all practice more often.
Incorporating these simple tips into your daily routine will keep you centered in the moment. Remember, the past no longer exists and the future is just a fantasy. So be present. Including these simple reminders into your daily routine will get you walking a path to peace once again. The greatest gift you can give yourself is to be present.
Why You Should Hire WordPress Developer From GeometricBox